The Council for Ghanaian Associations (COGA) is an umbrella group for all Ghanaian Associations in the Washington Metro Area. COGA was established in 1989 with the objectives of -
- The promotion of Ghanaian customs and culture through educational programs,
- Serving as the mouthpiece of all member-organizations,
- Coordinating activities of member-organizations,
- Resolving conflict among member-organizations,
- Establishing and maintaining relations with other umbrella Ghanaian organizations in the United States and Canada,
- Celebrating Ghana’s Independence, and
- Holding jointly sponsored activities.